Friend: “So what do you do Marcin?”,
Me: “I am a blogger”
Friend: “how exactly can you make money blogging?”
Me: “Well, there is a short and long answer”
That would be a typical conversation I would have with friends that I have not seen for a while.
The short answer would be “people buy things from me”
The long answer is … pls sit comfortably, get yourself your favourite drink, pick a pen and paper and let’s start with some crashing statistics.
Did You Know?
81% never make $100 from blogging (blogging.org)
9% make enough to sustain their lifestyle on 4-6h a day blogging
8% earn enough money to be able to support family
2% spend 1-2h blogging a day and make $150K+ a year blogging from an exotic locations
My question to you is, what is the difference between the 2% group and 81%? Is it the skills?
The tools? The knowledge? The mindset?
Most likely it is the combination of all the above factors.
Bloggers in the 2% put less effort and they enjoy way bigger results. Let’s move to some knowledge. I am planning to do a series of videos and posts explaining the important strategies for how to make money blogging.
So how to make money blogging
“If you want to make money in the real world, provide real value, solve real problems. Uncover what’s bugging people and fix it for them.”
So we know we need to give something of real value, something that people search for, but what is also very important we need to do it in a specific way, according to a strategy.
Believe it or not, there is a science in how to make money blogging, there is a series of steps, there is a formula.
Now you need the pen and paper. Think it, ink it, do it, review it.
How to make money blogging – 4 steps – PPP – Posting on Purpose for Profit.
1. Keyword – Find the right keyword. Right now on the internet you can find all the data that you need about searching trends, so use it. Write a post about things that people search for, use the FREE Google keyword tool for it
2. SEO – we personally use a plugin called – SEO Score, it gives you a tick list to help you do a good quality on page SEO quickly. What it does, it helps Google to identify what the post is about.
3. Call To Action – every piece of content that you create for profit must have a call to action. You need to tell people how to take the next step.
4. Promo – once you have written the post, it is time to take it out there in front of people. The name of the game is to show it to as many people as possible and we can achieve through the following:
- – use of social media: (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter etc)
– good SEO as mentioned above
– mailing it to our subscribers
If you enjoyed the first part of the series how to make money blogging, leave some comments below, share it and if you want to learn more on how to make it while making money blogging hit the link, put your email address and watch the video.
Empowering Your Success